TWIX BARS 🍫🍫
You guys all seemed to love that vegan Kinder bueno recipe I posted two days ago, so I had to whip out my all time favourite TWIX bar recipe and video! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
An oaty, crumbly biscuit base, topped with a thick layer of date caramel, sprinkled with peanuts and covered in chocolate.
Category Sweet treats Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 220g oat flour (2 cups)
- 60g agave, maple or date syrup (1/6 cup or 45ml)
- 60g coconut oil (1/4 cup)
- 300g dates (pitted) - (approx 16 medjool dates or 1 & 2/3rd cups pitted)
- 190g date syrup or agave/maple (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter (optional)
- 2 handfuls of roasted peanuts (no skin) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 120g coconut oil (1/2 cup)
- 120g agave or maple syrup (1/3 cup or 90ml)
- 60g cacao powder (2/3 cup or 10 tbsp)
- Melt the coconut oil and combine the base ingredients until a dough forms
- Press the dough into a baking tray or tin and place in the freezer whilst you make the caramel
- Blend the caramel ingredients in a food processor until smooth and spread over the base
- Sprinkle roasted skinned peanut halves over the top (2 handfuls), then freeze for 30 minutes whilst you make the chocolate layer
- Melt the coconut oil in a bain marie, stir in the sweetner and cacao powder until you have a smooth glossy chocolate sauce
- Remove the caramel shortbread from the freezer and slice into rectangular bars (I made 7 large bars)
- Dip each bar into the melted chocolate bowl and drizzle over to ensure its fully coated, transferring to a wire rack when finished.
- Leave the bars to solidify at room temperature for 20 minutes and bite in! Refrigerate any remaining bars until consumed!