GLAZED VEGAN GF DONUTS
I was craving these hot and fluffy donuts. Perfect for a cozy evening in with a cup of tea 🤤 You'll only need 7 ingredients. Simple, quick and easy and free from all the nasties. Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, covered in a shiny glaze. These will melt in your mouth!
Category Breakfast Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 2 tbsp aquafaba
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 115ml plant milk (1/2 cup)
- 50g coconut sugar (1/4 cup)
- 180g gluten free self raising flour (1 + 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 250g powdered monkfruit sugar or icing sugar
- 60ml plant milk
- Melt the coconut oil, and mix in the milk, aquafaba and coconut sugar
- Add in the remaining ingredients until a dough is formed, it'll be slightly sticky
- Leave your dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pre heat the oil for ~ 5 minutes in deep frying pan
- Remove the dough from the fridge and add an extra 25g of flour (4 tbsp) if still sticky. Roll into small balls (4cm), poke a hole in the centre with your thumb (2cm) and fry on each side for ~ 1 minute until golden
- Cool on paper towels.
- Once cool, dunk into the glaze, leave to set and indulge. Best served warm.