TRIPLE CHOCOLATE, GRAIN-FREE BROWNIE COOKIES
BROWNIES OR COOKIES? CAN’T DECIDE?
If so, this recipe is calling your name! Dense, chocolatey and fudgy. All it takes is a quick whizz on the blender and 5 staple ingredients. These cookies are to die for!
- PREP TIME 5 min
- COOK TIME 12 min
- TOTAL TIME 17 min
- SERVES 6 people
- 4 ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 120g almond butter (1/2 cup)
- 50g cacao powder (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 50g white chocolate chunks (1/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180C line a tray with baking paper
- Blend all ingredients excl chocolate chunks in a food processor
- Stir in half the chocolate
- Using an icecream scoop or large spoon, drop chunks of cookie dough into the tray (it is very runny so you won’t be able to mould the shape. Coat your icecream scoop or spoon in a litle oil. This makes your cookie dough scoops come out smooth and round without leaving precious dough on the spoon)
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips and bake at 180 C for 12 minutes
- Leave to cool in a tray for 10 minutes before devouring
- We’re trying our absolute best to minimise food wastage in the house, whether that means freezing dinner leftovers, to meal prep lunches from last night’s dinner, to freezing bananas and vegetables before they’re too ripe. Now here is my favorite new one – using leftover fruit and veg to make dessert. Because my freezer is always full of frozen bananas for icecream…
- Try these fresh out of the oven, served with icecream, or in a nicecream sundae
- If your bananas are extra ripe, and you don’t want something too sweet, you can try these without coconut sugar for a very strong chocolaty cookie. I’m a sweet tooth so I prefer this with a small serving of coconut sugar.
- Dunk these in oat milk and let me know what you think!!