CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
If you INSIST on making these and absolutely can't resist, be sure to share them with a neighbour, some family or friends, and you might find yourself with new some V GF convert friends (the best kind of friends). Warning, they're soft, cakey, cinnamony and delicious served warm / DRIPPING in glaze.
Cooking Time 30 minutes Category Breakfast Servings 4
Prep Time 15 minutes Calories 500 Author Priyanka
- 130g gluten free self raising flour (1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp (heaped) baking powder
- 25g coconut sugar (1/8 cup)
- Pinch of salt
- 57ml plant milk (1/4 cup)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1.5 tbsp aquafaba (water in Chickpea can)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 50g coconut sugar
- 250g powdered monkfruit sugar or icing sugar
- 60ml plant milk
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the plant milk coconut oil and aquafaba and mix well. The dough will be a little sticky, add 1 tbsp of flour if too sticky
- Split into 3 equal sized balls and roll each into a small log between your hands. Roll out 30cm long on a flat board. Pat to flatten to 2.5cm wide
- Brush the melted coconut oil on each log of dough, and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar filling.
- Roll each log of dough into a wheel, place in a lined baking tray, and bake for 30 minutes until golden
- Drizzle in glaze, leave to set and indulge. Best served warm.