CHOC PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
CHOC PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BREADSoft and fluffy ultra moist chocolate banana bread with swirls of peanut butter, covered in chocolate chips that melt inside. This is my favorite ever banana bread recipe!
Category Cakes Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 2 tbsp flax egg (2 tbsp flax seeds soaked in 4 tbsp water for 15 minutes)
- 115g coconut oil (1/2 cup)
- 170g maple or agave (1/2 cup)
- 120g or 120ml plant milk (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 155g oat flour (1 + 3/4 cup)
- 32g cocoa/cacao powder (1/3 cup)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 80g choc chips (1/2 cup)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Soak the flax seeds in water and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and combine all the wet ingredients up to the plant milk (use a blender if lumpy)
- Stir in the flax egg once thick. Add the oat flour and raising agents in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Once the batter is smooth, split the batter into 2 bowls. In 1 bowl add the cocoa powder, and the other stir in the peanut butter.
- Line a loaf baking tray, and spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate mix into tin, followed by 2 tbsp of peanut butter mix. Keep alternating until you run out of mix. Then cover with chocolate chips
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes and slice. Once cool drizzle in extra peanut butter topping.