VEGAN CHEESE WHEELSI couldn't make up my mind on which recipe to post here. My homemade gluten free, grain free bread, the vegan cheese wheels or my homemade jam compote?! Or all 3 on a cheese platter, and sandwiched together into a delicious bite of vegan heaven *Homer Simpson drool*. I don't want to confuse you so here is my cheese wheel recipe and I'll post the others in my stories 🤤
Category Breakfast Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
Cheese (7 wheels)
- 156g (5 ½ oz) raw cashews
- 740ml (25 oz) water, divided
- 56g (2 oz) tahini
- 3 tbsp (1 ½ oz) lemon juice
- 1 oz coconut oil, plus extra to grease
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp agar-agar powder
- 3 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Place cashews into a bowl and cover in 415ml (14 oz) boiling water. Let sit covered for 30 minutes, then drain cashews and discard water.
- Place drained cashews, 90 ml (3 oz) fresh water, tahini, lemon juice, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, Dijon, salt, garlic powder, paprika and turmeric into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place 235ml (8 oz) boiling water and agar agar powder into a sauce pan and heat for 4 minutes, allowing mixture to boil for 1 full minute. Meanwhile, lightly grease a muffin tin for the wheel.
- Add agar agar mixture to reserved cashew mixture in the food processor and blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Transfer to greased moulds and refrigerate until set (approx. 1 hr.). Unmold by sliding a silicone spatula around edge of moulds. Roll edge of cheese wheel in mixed herbs and place onto a serving board. Serve with crackers, jam, sliced apples and grapes