VEGAN BRIOCHE BUNS
Soft fluffy and buttery vegan brioche buns. Delicious served warm with a layer of vegan butter / humus, and perfect for bbq season! I have been eating these guys all weekend! 🍞🥐
|Prep Time||1hr 15 Mins|
|Cook Time||30/40 Mins|
|Total Time||1hr 45 Mins|
- 375g plain or spelt flour (3 cups)
- 190g plant milk warm (¾ cup)
- 150g vegan butter or margarine (⅔ cup) or 125g olive oil (½ cup)
- 50g coconut sugar (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients except the maple syrup to a mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl with the dough hook. Knead for at least 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth, soft and elastic. Add up to 25g extra flour if needed for kneading
- Shape the dough into a smooth ball, place it back in the bowl and cover with a damp tea towel in a WARM area to double in size for 1 hour
When the dough is puffy, divide it into 4
balls and place them a lined loaf tin. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave it in a warm area for 30 minutes. The dough should increase in size by 50%.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Brush with maple / agave and serve warm / toast the leftovers.