THE PERFECT MORNING TREAT
When I tried playing around with my smoothie bowl, my dream came to fruition. Layers of creamy berry nicecream, raspberry chia jam and coconut yoghurt.I’m currently obsessed with berrylicious treat. This has surely got to become a regular.
- PREP TIME 5 min
- COOK TIME 5 min
- TOTAL TIME 10 min
- SERVES 3 People
- 3 frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp plant based yoghurt (I used coconut)
- 100g raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 80g blackberries
- Heat 50g of the raspberries on low heat and crush the raspberries until you have a smooth compote
- Stir in the chia seeds and set aside to thicken (5-10 minutes)
- Blend the bananas with 50g of remaining raspberries until smooth and set aside half of the mixture (light pink part)
- Blend the blackberries into the remaining half mixture (dark pink part)
- Layer your jar with 1 tbsp of blackberry nicecream, yoghurt, raspberry nicecream and chia jam, alternating to create your desired effect!
- These pink berry parfaits make the ultimate breakfast treat in no time! I’m obsessed with this berrylicious creation and it only takes a few simple ingredients! There is absolutely no excuse to run out of the door without time for breakfast tomorrow morning!
- The sweet combination of bananas combined with sour berries and a plain yoghurt bring out the optimal balance of a subtle sweetness and rich creaminess of the parfait jar.. Not too rich for an early morning and also sugar free!
- I keep overripe bananas in my freezer all the time to prevent food wastage and as a key ingredient for nicecream, or delicious morning smoothies! I also keep frozen berries in my freezer and they always come in handy for breakfast recipes