MILLIONAIRES CUPCAKES FT CHOCO PIE 🧁
Dreaming of these soft, fluffy, melt in your mouth caramel millionaires cupcakes that I made last week. The core is oozing with caramel and they're topped with a rich chocolate nut butter frosting, and our @prispuddings Choco pie 🍫 SAVE this recipe for a cozy weekend treat!
Category Cakes Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 160g milk (1/2 cup + 4tbsp )
- 80g mashed bananas or apple sauce (1/2 cup)
- 70g maple or agave (1/4 cup)
- 35g coconut sugar (3 tbsp)
- 140g oat flour (1 cup + 1.5tbsp)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120g almond flour (1 cup)
Pinch of salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tins (400g) full fat coconut milk (white part only)
- 4 tbsp date/maple syrup ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 175g coconut oil
- 20g cocoa powder
- 60g coconut sugar
- 80g cashew butter
- 20g agave or maple
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl and combine all the wet ingredients up to the coconut sugar (use a blender if lumpy)
- Add the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until smooth
- Pour into a lined muffin tray and bake for 17 minutes until just golden.
- For the caramel, mix together the coconut milk and date syrup. Heat for 5 minutes, until boiling, and the sauce starts to darken and thicken.
- Core the cupcakes once cool, you can do this with a cupcake corer or a knife by cutting a square through the centre and scooping it out. Fill the centre with your caramel once both are cool.
- Blend your frosting ingredients, scoop it into a piping bag and swirl on top of each cupcake.