BANOFFEE AND RASPBERRY JAM CUPCAKES
Banana bread is SO LOCKDOWN 1.0.
Midweek PICK ME UP = These soft and fluffy banoffee jam cakes with a cup of oat milk chai. If you find yourself with a free lockdown evening, try these guys out, they are banoffee heaven! 🍌
Category cakes Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 120ml milk (1/2 cup)
- 35g coconut oil (1/6 cup) OR 65g nut/seed butter (1/4 cup)
- 50g coconut sugar (1/3 cup)
- 3/4 tbsp lemon juice
- 120g oat flour (1 cup)
- 30g corn starch (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100g agave or maple syrup
- 110g dates
- 3 bananas
- 6 tbsp peanut butter (or cashew / almond butter) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 100g frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl and stir in the plant milk and lemon juice
- Mix together the remaining cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then pour the wet mixture in and combine until smooth.
- Pour into 6 cupcake moulds, in a muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes until just golden
- For the raspberry chia jam - heat 100g of raspberries and 2 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup) and use a fork to crush until softened. Add in 2 tbsp of chia seeds and leave for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Once cool, make a hole in the middle of each cupcake with a knif and use a piping bag to fill each.
- For the frosting, blendthe ingredients in a food processor or handheld whisk and pipe onto each cupcake once cool