An excuse for a 2nd round of pancakes today, but savoury for dinner time. Cheating here as this is my mum's recipe but it's so delicious so I had to share! You can throw in any vegetables of your choice!
Category Breakfast Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Difficulty medium
- 180g (1 cup) Red Split Lentils
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1/2 Courgette, grated
- 1/4 tsp Cumin/coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 handfuls peas (frozen)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil (for frying)
- Soak the lentils in water overnight (or 8 hours)
- Drain the lentils and add to a blender / food processor with the water. Blend until you have a smooth batter. If you find you need more water, add 1-2 tbsp as needed. If your batter is too runny add 1-2tbsp of chickpea/gram flour
- Add the spices and vegetables into the mixture and stir in until fully combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, and then add 4 tablespoons of the batter to the pan.
- Cook for around 2 minutes on each side. When it bubbles, flip it. Remove pancakes from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve with coconut yogurt, chutney, curry or even alone!