Every time I catch a winter cold, this is my one homemade solution, and it works every time. A natural, millet flour based, immunity boosting home remedy I learnt from my mum. It is infused with ginger, cinnamon, cloves and spices and has natural, ayurvedic properties which give your immune system a boost. ⠀⠀
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
- 2 tablespoons pearl millet flour (Found in Asian stores)
- 1 tablespoons Whole Wheat flour / extra pearl millet
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry ginger powder, or freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Jaggery, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom or cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Whole black peppercorns / cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cinnamon stick ⠀⠀
1. Combine the millet flour with coconut oil in a saucepan and place it on medium heat. Stir to make sure there are no lumps.
2. Add 3 cups of water and stir in the jaggery, ginger powder and allow the mixture to come to a boil stirring constantly. Continue to stir until the mixture begins to thicken slightly for about 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and allow it to roast for a few seconds. Check the taste and add more jaggery or ginger to suit your taste. You can adjust the consistency by adding water if required.